Friday, July 09, 2010

lemongrass pork with spicy cucumber salad



For tonight's dinner I wanted to use my first ever cayenne pepper from my first ever garden. I was inspired by a dish I had last night at my new favorite place, Bobo Noodle house, lemongrass steak with a spicy cucumber salad, in which the cucumber had been made into fine noodle-like shreds. I decided to get a pork chop and a cucumber and try something similar.


My first ever pepper! I grew that! Wooo!


Spicy Cucumber Salad

-1 regular cucumber, shredded down to the seeds with a mandoline
-1 small red chili pepper, minced
-1 clove garlic, minced
-3 Tablespoons white vinegar
-2 Tablespoons soy sauce
-1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
-1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
-1 Tablespoon honey
-1 Tablespoon sesame seeds

-Combine all with a fork so that all the cucumber shreds are well coated. Set aside in fridge.

Lemongrass Pork

-1 boneless thick cut pork steak, sliced thin
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 Tablespoon lemongrass paste
-1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
-2 Tablespoons soy sauce
-1 teaspoon fish sauce
-1 Tablespoon white vinegar
-1 teaspoon honey

Combine all ingredients in a bowl let marinate while rice cooks, about 30 minutes. Cook in a little bit of oil in a skillet. Serve with Spicy Cucumber Salad over rice.

2 comments:

Average Jane said...

This sounds wonderful. I'm definitely going to make it sometime soon.

Cheese Cube said...

Well said and explain. Guess it would be more spicy and typical Indian recipe.