Wednesday, July 09, 2008

grilled shrimp & asparagus on polenta


Always trying to come up with simple summer dinners, Jack and I combined two of our favorite things to grill, shrimp and asparagus, and put them atop some creamy polenta.


That's about all there is to it, actually, but I'll give you a few more details. The shrimp and asparagus were tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper before being grilled. After being grilled, take the shrimp off the skewers, chop the asparagus into about 1 inch pieces, put them in a bowl with the shrimp and toss everything with fresh grated garlic, a touch more olive oil and fresh lemon juice. For the polenta, follow the package directions, adding Parmesan cheese at the end, and also adding some half and half to thin the mixture out a bit.

Eat this with some nice cold Sauvignon Blanc. Ahhhh...Summer!

6 comments:

Butterscott said...

Wow.. does that look appetizing...I am hungry from looking at it. You can't go wrong with that combination....nice plate too!

Anonymous said...

looks amazing. too bad that for my 30th birthday I got a shrimp allergy. i miss shellfish.

Anonymous said...

That dish looks absolutely gorgeous - and I'm sure it must have tasted amazing too! Grilling is my favorite way to prepare shrimp and asparagus.

Paula said...

I adore polenta and this combo with shrimp looks terrific! Yum!

Joe Horn said...

Cool recipe. I just found your blog while looking around for other shrimp recipes. I just recently posted a recipe for Caramel and Ginger Shrimp that I adapted from “The Spended Table” cookbook and posted it on my blog @ http://cookingquest.wordpress.com if you would like to come take a look. I love feedback and other cook's opinions for sure.

Thanks and have a great one!

Joe

Anonymous said...

this was absolutely delicious! thank you!