Monday, April 28, 2008

grilled salmon with white bean salsa and grits


This was our Saturday night dinner. I had my eye on this white bean avocado salsa from a Schnucks Cooks recipe card, and asked Jack to figure out what to grill to go with it. He had been wanting to grill fish, so he chose salmon. We put everything on a bed of grits (instant, cooked with milk...) The Salmon was simply seasoned with salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder.

The salsa was really tasty. I tweaked the original recipe to personal preferences...adding more jalapeno and a little bit of fresh garlic. I would eat this as a side salad, also.


White Bean and Avocado Salsa

6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
1 can (15 oz) navy beans, rinsed & drained
1 large tomato, diced
1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded & diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 small red onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. olive oil
salt to taste

Stir everything together (gently) and chow down.

1 comment:

Joe Horn said...

Hey Stef I love the logo and the blog. The good looks great, the pictures are so awesome. I just did some salmon on a plank at my blog. First time using a plank and the grill. Come take a look when you get a chance. http://cookingquest.wordpress.com

Would love your ideas and opinions!

Joe